Release Notes - 11th June 2012
We've added some features to help with the EU law on cookies and we've fixed some bugs. As always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
EU Cookie Law
We've added some new features which will help you meet the requirements of the EU cookie law which has just come into force.
We've added two new features to help you comply:
The footer component now has an optional additional link to a Cookies Policy. You can enable this in the module settings in Themes & Layouts.
The Cookies Policy contains some default text which explains the cookies that are in use in Insight. You can edit the text or add your own text in Settings > Users > Cookies Policy.
Cookies Notification Component
This is a simple component that you can add to a layout to alert your site visitors that cookies are in use on your site and link to your cookies policy. The text is configurable and you can style the component as you wish. Once the message is dismissed, a cookie is set so that the message will not be displayed again on that vistor's computer. So you can make the message as big and bold as you like!
Please note that if you use the social bookmarking component that this sets cookies. We have added an option to this module's configuration settings to allow you to prevent it from setting cookies - this is not detrimental to its functionality.
More Document File Types Allowed
We've extended the list of file types which you can upload to your sites to additionally include all Office 2007/2010 file types - .xlsx, .xltx, .dotx, .pptx, .ppsx and .potx.
Dropdown Menus Now Working on iPads and iPhones
Lots of you have asked about this - we've been fiddling for a while to try and make it work, and we think we've got it now! Enjoy.
Order Lines for Digital Items can now be Cancelled
This had previously been prevented on the assumption that if a digital item had been bought then it would have been downloaded. However, there are legitimate cases where you might want to cancel an order for a digital item - for example, a duplicate order, or the customer genuinely ordered the wrong item (or thought they were getting a physical item).
Shop admins can now cancel digital order lines - but of course you should be aware that the item may already have been downloaded.
Another bit of Chrome Support...
Selecting columns in the Query wizard can now be done in the Google Chrome browser. We've been slowly chipping away at features that don't work in Chrome and other browsers - the developers here use Chrome themselves, so we know how frustrating the broken bits are!
We know, too, that what you want most of all is to have the document editor working in Chrome and Safari... this is on its way. If you didn't see our blog post about this, you can read it here.
- Deleting groups that contained large numbers of events took an unbearably long time. We've sped this up.
- Adding a user to a group from the user picker (for example when adding a staff member to an organisation) didn't work. This is fixed now.
- In the Mailing Wizard, when mailing to members of a payment group or staff members, any filters applied from the drop down menus weren't applied. This has been fixed.
- PDF exports from query results didn't work where note field names contained ampersands. They do now.
- If you entered a description longer than 255 characters for a sign up sheet, this caused an error when this sign up sheet is displayed in a rota module. This is fixed.
- You'd get an error if you tried to send a mailing to all of the participants on a rota or sign-up sheet. We've fixed it.
- Registration notes for registrations made through single page payment groups were not appearing on the registration or in queries. This is now fixed.
- "Cost price" was appearing among the options for users to sort shop sections. Choosing it, however, would cause an error. This item has been removed from the drop down. Customers can still legitimately sort a section by retail price.
- On the user record, if the login name was edited to a login that already existed, the error message to explain this was never displayed. This has been fixed.
- Attempting to add a comment to a forum thread when not logged in would result in an error. No more.
- A rather obscure one... on the user record, under Involvement, if a user is involved in an independent group - other than the root group - then you couldn't save their root group membership. Fixed now!
- Under "My Connections" the "Add a Connection" feature is a button instead of a link - to make it more obvious!
Articles in this group
Release Notes – 11th December 2012
This month's release features multi-group queries, new fields in queries, Firefox 17 compatibility, media search improvements and much more (Author: )
Release Notes – 31st October 2012
Loads of enhancements to Rotas mean this update is a real benefit to churches and those who use Insight to organise volunteer teams. (Author: )
Many of you will have seen the news coverage of the new EU cookie law and will be wondering how this affects your Insight sites..... (Author: )
The release we hope you won't notice!
An important update to the Insight platform (Author: )
Release Notes - 22nd March 2012
A minor patch release to deal with some reported bugs. (Author: )
Release Notes - 17th February 2012
New features and bug fixes to the Insight platform (Author: )
Release Notes - 17th January 2012
Release Notes- 17/01/2012 by Insight Support (Author: )